Wednesday 23 November 2011

#41

HORSE BACK RIDDING WITH MY NEPHEW



   This is my first nephew Max. He is so funny, I'm not sure how it works but he totally got my sense of humor. There is no better feeling for me then when he runs in the house excited to see me and gives me hugs and kisses. I can honestly say I love both my nephews so much i would without question lay down my life for them.  I now know how my aunt Marilyn, carol, honorary aunts Bonnie, and Anne feel about me. Wow they are so lucky to have me. :) 





   Trying to be a good aunt myself, I always make sure I'm never the one to tell Max he can't have or do something he wants. So when we were in Christmas town and max said "Auntie Ashley I want to ride the horsey" I was the first to say you got it buddy. I started digging though my pockets for two quarters while holding onto Max's hand and 10 shopping bags we started to walk towards the mechanical horse.




   That's when the Grinch came over, AKA my dad at Christmas town carrying all of moms shopping bags like a pack mule.



  Max looked up at his nono and said I'm going to ride the horse nono. For some reason this displeased the Grinch and in his grinchiest voice he said "No, you can't ride the horse." Max looked up at me with his bottom lip starting to quiver and again he said "Auntie I want to go on the horsey". I asked the Grinch why not, and his answer was the old  line of "because i said so, he doesn't need to go on that."  Shopping ALL day is so not my dads idea of a good time.



   After I distracted Max and stopped his crying we went into the stores looking for his mom. Max jumped into her arms telling her about the horse and how I said he could go on it but nono said no.


   "Now, please don't ask why. No one quite knows the reason. It could be that his head wasn't screwed on quite right. It could be, perhaps, that his shoes were too tight. But I think that the most likely reason of all May have been that his heart was two sizes too small."




 Either way I continued my shopping and went into another store when i came out i found my family surrounding the mechanical horse. As i approached my them I could see though the crowd that Max was riding the horse with the biggest smile on his face and one hand in the air yelling "come on horsey". It appears as though the Grinch's heart was melted by little Max.






   Later when asked why he said no, My dad simply told me that he didn't have two quarters. Even though i had them in my hand. Again No one quite knows the reason. But the Grinch cheered up and we all had a great day! My dad even took the picture of me on the horsey. :) yee haw!




No comments:

Post a Comment