Wednesday, 18 April 2012



    Thursday night, I was up till 4 am. I was packing baking and cleaning. I was so excited that I was going to Windsor the next day to visit my family I couldn’t sleep. It was like Christmas eve for me. I had my bags packed and this time I only had 3 small bags which for me is a big improvement.

   I had the dogs food and toys packed and their seat belts ready to go to grandpas farm for the weekend.


   I started early in the day and made from scratch a clone of a Cinnabon. I made 5 dozen cinnamon buns. Enough for Dan’s parents my parents my younger cousin who I know could have personally ate a few dozen to himself, a few for friends my aunts and my little nephews. It took me all day and night but they were PERFECT! I have to admit I think the recipe I found was better then Cinnabon. I know that’s a big statement to make but I made 5 dozen and two days later there was only 3 cinnamon buns left in my house. Yes it’s just Dan and I here. That’s all I’m going to say.

  So feeling confident that everything was ready to go I went to bed around 4 am. At 6 am I woke up in excruciating pain. Dan had just got home and came up to see what the commotion was about. To make a long story short, we went to the hospital just to be on the safe side. When we got there I was given an IV and some pain killers and talked to the doctor. All I really remember is me telling the Doctor “If it’s not to much trouble I have to be out of here by noon so I can make it to dinner”. That didn’t happen it was almost noon before I got in for my X-Ray. Once they confirmed that I had dislocated my jaw, they told me that once they popped it back it I would feel much better but they had to wait until another doctor was in, at the time I didn’t understand why. 

  Finally the “other” doctor was there and a nurse came in and gave me a shot of something. At the time I didn’t care what it was I just wanted to get out of there I had a dinner to get to.  Whatever was in that shot was … well let’s just say I don’t remember much and I didn’t care about what was about to happen.
I don’t remember much of what happened but this is what Dan tells me. The new doctor came in talked to me told me he was going to pop it back in place and then I would feel better. I remember him trying and trying but he couldn’t get my jaw back in place. He gave me a “rest” and then came back with two other doctors. This I remember. I remember someone holding me down and the doctors pushing and pulling trying to get my jaw back in place. It hurt like hell, and if someone wasn’t holding me down I would have been out of there.

Finally my jaw was in place and I felt better almost immediately, I was stoned from all the drugs but I felt better. By the time we got home it was after dinner. We had missed visiting with both our families we thought about going down the next day but were a little worried about this happening again, and me talking to much when I see my family. So we stayed home and rested with our puppies. That was my Easter this year, Not as good as last Easter but that’s a whole different story. 


No comments:

Post a Comment